Please sign in to contact the vendor
100% Mangalitsa Open Kettle Rendered Lard
Turn back to the cooking fat that once found its home in your grandmothers kitchen.
- Don't overlook lards health benefits. Lard is an excellent source of vitamin D and contains other nutrients too.
- Mangalitsa Lard is unsurpassed for baking or frying
- Other ways you can put it to use in your home; seasoning cast iron, burn treatment, moisturizer, soap and candle making, wood and leather protectant.
- Mangalitsa fat has been scientifically examined and proven to contain high levels of natural antioxidants and essential Omega-3 fatty acids that our bodies need.
- Possesses high levels of monounsaturated (good) fat
- Has less saturated fat and more unsaturated fat than an equal amount of butter, and contains no trans fat, unlike vegetable shortenings and hydrogenated fats.
- Our Mangalitsa lard comes in 1.5 oz. containers and can be frozen or refrigerated.
- Some of our customers have told us they like to make whipped lardo to put on toast, potatoes or vegetables.
Never Fail Pie Crust
3 c. sifted flour
1 c. lard
1 tsp salt
1 egg, well beaten
1 tsp vinegar
5 T water
Mix flour, lard and salt together. Mix egg, vinegar and water together, add to flour mixture. Blend. Yield: 3 crusts.
No posts found