Please sign in to contact the vendor
About me: Bayou Française LLC is a culmination of my journey through life, so far. I was Born in California and grew up split between the west coast and Louisiana. Later, I spent 10 years in Okinawa, Japan when we were stationed there with the United States Air Force. I attended a classic French-trained culinary school in Omaha Nebraska; which expanded my knowledge of both local and global ingredients. With this diverse global background, I have a love of flavors from around the world.
My spice blends, cocoa mixes, and soup bases are small batch produced, in an inspected kitchen, to ensure consistent quality. I toast whole spices before grinding to enhance the depth of flavor. They are salt-free so you can control the intensity of both the flavors of the spice, as well as the salt level in your dish. I don't add any anti- caking agents or preservatives. Pure spices blended with love.
Choose your destination in the products page and Savor the World!
BLOG Post:April 10, 2019
Here in Nebraska we have had quite the weather lately. Yesterday it was sunny and 80*F. As I write this, we are under a severe blizzard warning with thunder and lightning rattling my house. I am cold and under the couch blankets. Which brings me to…
I am COMPLETELY OVER this cold weather and ready for summer. So, LET'S TURN UP THE HEAT by making some Nashville Hot Grilled Chicken, (outside or inside on a grill plate), paired with a Dill Pickle Potato Salad.
Spice Blends needed: Nashville Hot Chicken and Lemon Dill Pepper.
Recipes and Tips:
- cover chicken with a little vegetable oil and my Nashville Hot Chicken blend, place in an airtight container and let "marinate" 1-24 hours
- Cook on a hot charcoal or wood grill until proper internal temperature is reached.
- Dark meat 175*F
- White meat 165*F
Dill Pickle Potato Salad: Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 1/2 cup dill pickles sliced/chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
Lemon Dill Pepper Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons Lemon Dill Pepper Blend
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- salt to taste (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces and boil until tender. Drain and slightly mash a few of the potatoes. Let sit at room temperature while you mix the dressing.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a large bowl then add the slightly warm potatoes. Combine well and place in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Enjoy a taste of summer all year round with these bold and bright flavors.
Savor the World!